Though this blog is was originally intended as a resource for offenders in Massachusetts, much of what I write about is applicable to sex offenders in every other state and many countries around the world, especially in Western Europe. Even other non-sex offenders trying to navigate prison, probation and parole, or employment and education opportunities can glean relevant information from this blog and apply it to help overcome their own struggles.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's Finally Over!

I am officially off probation!

I just found out today the judge signed my paperwork off on the 22nd.  As those of you who've been through something similar know, it's such a relief to be done with probation.  I'm not really celebrating too much tonight - it's a Tuesday after all - other than having a bourbon old fashioned or 2 and buying a few lottery tickets.  What a long journey it's been...

-Richard

9 comments:

  1. Congrats. now get your life in order and throw caution to the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Ditto' with congrats! Win the lottery next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys, it's a weird sort of relief; quite different from leaving prison. I think I have to make the conscious effort to retrain my mind to that of being off probation. There was a small part of me trying to figure out when my home visit was supposed to be!
    The lottery, however, has not cooperated...yet.
    -Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. havent though about a countdown yet...2 year/2 months to go for US. eh. CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete
  5. RiverCyan/Lisa,
    Thank you very much and I understand what you are saying. In a way there is always some reminder of a countdown, whether it is in your head, glancing at a calendar, and even strange reminders like expiration dates on food near the date of your loved one's release...it can seem very far away but a years give way to counting just months and then you are counting the days left. And no matter how much time he is doing , it's always too long for all who are concerned.
    -Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I hope I will be able to make it through to the end. My journey has just begun. I have yet to be sentence, but it looks like I will do 3 years at a state facility then 7 years probation.

    Sam SOandso

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sam! But I am sad to hear of your situation. I've appreciated the account of your events so far and I can only imagine how difficult it is to have all this affect your wife and children. Please keep on writing and let us know how things are or aren't going @ http://samtheso.com
    -Richard

    ReplyDelete