Though this blog is was originally intended as a resource for offenders in Massachusetts, much of what I write about is applicable to sex offenders in every other state and many countries around the world, especially in Western Europe. Even other non-sex offenders trying to navigate prison, probation and parole, or employment and education opportunities can glean relevant information from this blog and apply it to help overcome their own struggles.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sorry For the No-Posts: I've Actually Been Working!

I'm grateful to have been gainfully employed the past month.  It's something of an elixir and high against the relative poverty I (an many other RSO's) experience all too often.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am aware of how difficult your situation is and continues to be. Until we can remove the registration, I don't think any rso or so or alleged so will ever really be at peace. May you continue to have goodness with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! When you get the $$$ together, please buy A Motion for Innocence! I think you'd really enjoy it. Links on my blog. Writing is my living here in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys thanks for the support! I gave up on the prospect of having others hire me so I am a sole proprietor of my own business which involves everything from landscaping to driving to estate management, all of which I have experience in. A RSO will never really be at peace, not in the near future anyway, so it is a matter of seeking relative peace in the current climate. And yes Dakota, your book will be a purchase :- )
    -Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I'm a mental health clinician and wanted to say your blog is very supportive as well as informative. Does anyone on here know what benefits if any are available to someone with a level 3 status in MA? Any information would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anon,
    I'm not sure if there are many benefits available to a Level 3 here in MA. In fact, he is prevented from accessing many i.e. public housing, though he is still available for some i.e. food stamps. There is no special resource for Level 3's that I am aware of.
    -Richard

    ReplyDelete