Though this blog is was originally intended as a resource for offenders in Massachusetts, much of what I write about is applicable to sex offenders in every other state and many countries around the world, especially in Western Europe. Even other non-sex offenders trying to navigate prison, probation and parole, or employment and education opportunities can glean relevant information from this blog and apply it to help overcome their own struggles.

Friday, June 17, 2011

25(ish) Days Left on Probation

Just a quick post here...
So far, so good.  Thankfully, the anxiety dreams have ceased.

Last week, I went to see my counselor for the last time (last time under the mandate of probation, that is).  Besides forking over money I desperately could use to move out next month, I was happy to have seen him and fulfilled the counseling requirement of my probation contract.  From here on out, I'll be attending counseling because I choose to.  Next week I will pay off the balance of my fees at the superior courthouse.  Afterward, there is only one more visit with my probation officer!

To be released from probation here in Massachusetts (superior court), my PO informed me he has to submit a report to the judge who oversees my case about two weeks before my scheduled release date.  From what I can gather, probation will go over my file and make sure everything is in order, that I've satisfied the conditions of my probation, and paid all of my fees.  On the day of release, probation submits a form (I'll get the exact form name for a later post) which essentially says I should be released.  As of today, no court appearance or examination in front of the judge in court is necessary since the release paper is part of the paperwork for the day.

My PO said I could just call in to be certain I was done with probation next month but I will be stopping in one last time to pick up a copy of my release paper, which anyone being released from probation should obtain for their own records.

2 comments:

  1. Stay on the up and up! You know probation is much like jumping through flaming hoops. Congrats and I'm excited that you're going to be through with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dakota! I'm very excited. The days can't tick by fast enough...

    ReplyDelete